Soooo I didn’t really focus on an expressive output for this assignment, rather I thought I would learn more by trying to implement the game I had designed last week.
The main hurdle I’m coming across is my lack of html knowledge, as I’m trying to have individual pages for each stage of the game, instead of having one page that cycles through a really convoluted draw loop as I had in my ICM final. So this week I got as far as being able to have two players create their own unique three bubble team with unique colors and names, and for those teams to then show up on a shared screen.
The next things I need to implement are:
— a selection phase where the attacker and target bubbles are chosen for each team
— a ready button to signal on the shared screen when the selections are made
— arrows on the screen to indicate each player’s target path
— a roll button that automatically rolls based on the attackers health and deducts health from the target (as long as the attacker is eligible to attack, i.e. not being targeted.)
— the player fight screens that allow them to secretly choose their bubbles each selection phase