I remember now how much of a hassle it is to upload code onto a circuit playground….
only works if you don’t mess up the drivers/bootloader, and then you have to press reset twice when the uploader is scanning the COM ports
OLED Display Adafruit vs Amazon
helpful Amazon review
Vibration Motor Button
en.radzio.dxp.pl LCD Assistant
couldn’t figure out what the height and width of the pixel array was, it wasn’t the height and width of the image, or the number of bytes per row/# of columns in the array
convertio.co/bmp-xbm issue with drawXBM
what the hell did I even do, I don’t know
u8g2 documentation drawXBMP
2.0 feels like an improvement overall, but aspects of the first I like better
see how the vibration feels
fix text “months” ex.
battery lilypad b/c I forgot how much I hate plugging/unplugging JSTM plugs
bitmap / font
no exposed wires
really tough to layer the highways
battery pack (upside down stich mad)
vibration motor stopped working, the transistor leg had broken off, but thought it had to do with the resistance of the long GND stitch, so took it out and when I realized it was the leg, decided to just throw a wire in there since it wasn’t going to show anyway, then cut the transistor legs and just soldered them to a new transistor, and b/c the legs were so close I dabbed some liquid electrical tape (it was 5am, i was so done)
then sewing the top two and bottom two, then them together
invisible ladder stitch
whole spool of thread
Sorry, this week’s blog post will be super underdeveloped, as I had to move apartments all week and only got started on this today. Some brief notes:
I originally wanted to put the Lilypad LEDs all up and down both sides of my jacket’s zipper, and either have an elevator light sort of effect (where the LEDs would only light up as the zipper passed them) or have the whole series light up when the jacket was fully zipped. Unfortunately, my LiPo seemed to have gotten damaged in the move, and my other LiPo recently had the same issue with the wires detatching (and I’m too scared to try and solder it back), so I had to resort to the coin cell holder. That plus my lack of time made for a bare-minimum project.
I haven’t made a project with a zipper switch in a couple years, and I forgot how tough it is for the zipper to get over the thread if you make it too bulky. In retrospect, I should have made the contacts a lot neater, to allow for the zipper to glide over better. As it is right now, the zipper has a lot of trouble moving smoothly, and the effect suffers as a result.
I hate this thread. I usually use adafruit conductive thread (can’t remember if it was 2 ply or 3 ply), but since I ordered from sparkfun, I figured I’d try their thread out. It was constantly kinky and knotty (and not the good kind), and it even broke my poor needle threader thing :( will only use as a last resort from now on.